Archives for November 2007
The multi-purpose room floor is done and it’s official…we will have our Experience there this Sunday! In the meantime, here are a few random thoughts…
- Of all weeks to come to the Experience…this the one. Of all weeks to invite someone to come with you…this is the one. I guarantee that you will be blown away.
- I’m super pumped about the Extreme Makeover: You Edition series that we will be launching. This is going to be life changing in so many ways.
- Don’t forget that we are trusting God for 50 first time professions of faith during this series, so do your part and invite like crazy. In fact if you have to, make it a game with a fellow United attender to see who can invite the most people that actually show up.
- I have been getting reports all week long of people who are inviting and having great success, so some of you have some catching up to do.
- I’m a mix of emotions and feelings right now. I’m tired (didn’t get home until 6:30am…2nd time this week that’s happened…earliest was 1:30), nervous (doesn’t happen often, but for big events, I’m usually pretty wound), hungry (no one’s fault but my own…I decided to type this instead of eat0, anxious (not knowing how everything is going to work without having a few practice runs is nerve-wracking), but most of all excited (God wants to and is going to use us to further His Kingdom and I’m just thankful to be a part of the ride).
- We’re going to see Skillet in concert tonight before heading back over to the building to put some finishing touches on things.
- I accidentally crushed Kim’s (senior pastor’s wife) finger yesterday between a filing cabinet and a wall as we were moving the offices. It actually snapped her wedding ring in 2 and pinched her finger pretty good. I felt terrible, but everyone was laughing and joking about it within moments aftr it happened…guess Christmas shopping just got a lot easier for Earl.
- A big thanks to all of you who are tirelessly working behind the scenes to make United, not a service, but an Experience. Thank you from the bottom of my heart…I notice your hard work and so does God…yeah team and yeah God!