- Great Experience today!
- Realized that all the people who help Lisa do set-up were away at the marriage conference.
- They all have good marriages.
- So the moral of the story is if you want to have a good marriage you need to help Lisa with set-up!
- In any case, had quite a few people who came to help…thanks!
- I told Andy to turn on the hazer and then we both went our separate ways. Oops we came back at about the same time and I thought the glory of God had filled the temple.
- The haze was so thick we couldn’t even see the back screen…someone came in looking for Gayle and Andy said…”Uhh she’s up there somewhere.”
- Luckily it lifted before we started.
- The experiment with the acoustic set I thought went well.
- It really connected with the Christians in the room, but in talking with some seekers afterwards they said they weren’t really into it.
- It just goes to show that you’ve got to know who you’re trying to reach and keep things geared in that way.
- So next week we’ll be back to normal…however, I want to figure out how to, on maybe a Saturday night, once a quarter or so have worship nights.
- Yes, that was a terrible last sentence but you know what I mean.
- Standing backstage we we’re running so quiet sound-wise that I could hear the kids over in the Children’s Worship Center singing. That was definitely a first.
- I had forgotten that slow songs take so long…we were way behind…but it didn’t matter…God was definitely present and the team did an awesome job.
- The one song was an original by Karl Hartman from the team…great job Karl!
- During the week I didn’t feel good about the message but it all came together…I love when God does that.
- Saw quite a few people crying during the video in the message…what an awesome video on perspective!
- Ben Myers ran the computer for the first time himself today…great job Ben!
- During lunch today we were showing some funny videos on our laptops and one of our friends was laughing so hard she puked her beverage out her nose…love when that happens!
- Tonight we’ll get together with some friends while other friends of ours who shall remain nameless got tickets to see the Blue Man Group but not enough for all of us…oh well.
Archives for February 2008
I was just typing out a response to some questions that Jason Kibbe had to my post from yesterday and realized that the answers were worthy of being a post by themselves. Not that they are great answers, but they help you to understand me a bit more and that’s partially what this blog is about.
So with that said, click here then scroll down to Jason’s questions and then my answers.
Today was our staff meeting and about 50% of the time Earl will either buy or bring in lunch for the staff. Today he feed us one of Kim’s meatloaf’s (which are excellent by the way) in a dish pan. Other than the fact that I now blow bubbles when I talk it was a great meeting and meal.
One of the greatest lessons I learned from Rick Warren while working at Purpose Driven was to take big God-sized chances and treat most everything as an experiment.
Well this week at the Experience we’re going to try something that’s completely different than normal. If it works out…great we may do it again in the future. If it doesn’t then we’ll chalk it up as an experiment that didn’t work…at least for us. What is it you ask? Well you’ll have to be there to find out.
Regardless, I’ll be sharing part two of our “3 Wise Monkey’s” series entitled, “Hear No Evil.” If you’ve ever wanted to know how to press on despite the negative circumstances you face and/or the negative talk that comes from others, then this is the message for you.
As always don’t forget to invite someone to come with you. You’ll both be glad you did!