- Great to be back in the swing of things!
- I’m a little handicapped though since my laptop will not be back from repair until Wednesday…so I’m having to use my desktop at home.
- It’s amazing how much we can become creatures of habit…it feels like I’m a lot less productive because everything is not in it’s proper place.
- Seriously it took me a minute just to type that last sentence because I keep rearranging the keyboard to be somewhere where it feels comfortable.
- Upon reflection, the funniest thing we saw while on vacation was a sign on a store that said, “In Jesus name we are only open on weekends.” Lisa and I both did a double take and then went back to make sure we had read it right. I guess they must take their Sabbath from Monday-Friday. 🙂
- Favorite meal…The Seafare Restaurant…I had filet mignon topped with lump crab meat….mmmmm.
- Favorite day…Busch Gardens.
- Favorite activity…my afternoon nap.
- Books I read while away….finished, Made to Stick, then read, I Became a Christian and All I Got Was this Lousy T-shirt , followed by unChristian: What a new generation really thinks about Christianity…and why it matters then Making Vision Stick.
- I just started 3 more books that I’ll comment on in the future.
- Had a great meeting this morning with Earl…can’t wait to see what God has in store for us next.
- Continuing to hear great comments about yesterday’s message…Craig is phenomenal but wait until you hear Perry next week!
- Speaking of next week don’t forget to come out at 9:30am on Sunday morning for s special meeting to discuss and vote on whether or not to hire a Pastor of Creative Arts.
- Thanks to everyone who filled out the Sunday School questionaires for the “You Asked For It” lesson I was supposed to do during that time. I will keep them and we’ll see about rescheduling the lesson for sometime in the future.
- Well I’m getting this whole keyboard thing figured out…time to get back to kicking the devil’s butt…thanks for teaming with me in accomplishing that…you guys are awesome!
- Hmmm…last note…for some reason the spell check is not working on my desktop…let’s make up a game…How many typos does Gilbert have in one post? Comment leaving your guess and then I’ll have someone smarter than me figure it out later….by the way, I’ll guess 4.
Archives for June 2008
- Great kick-off to the One Prayer series.
- After being gone for 2 weeks it was great to be back.
- Set-up this morning was a mess…someone from the time the team finished practicing Thursday night, to this morning, rearranged stuff on the stage and unplugged a lot of stuff. Guess they thought it was just a matter of plugging it back in, but it’s not…
- So we ran around like chicken’s with our heads cut-off trying to get things working…we were about 30 minutes late getting practiced started which then cuts into some of the other prep time that’s needed…needless to say I was hoping for a smoother morning on my first day back.
- Once we got settled, everything else seemed to run pretty smoothly.
- Usually on communion Sunday’s the team and I take communion together afterwards, but we did it today beforehand and it was great…think we’ll do it that way from now on….really set the mood.
- Wow we packed a lot of stuff into today’s Experience…but I really wanted to take communion since it fit so well with Craig’s message and of course the Child Dedications made sense on Father’s Day…so we ran a little over but it was worth it.
- I was extremely pleased with the reaction to Craig’s message. I was a little nervous having the message come via video. even though I know it’s very successful in a lot of churches on a weekly basis.
- You all responded when he asked t, laughed at his jokes and seemed to be really into it.
- At one point Andy leaned over to me and said, “It’s about time we got a good preacher in here.”
- Ah with friends like that who needs enemies.
- Hannah did an awesome job with the special communion song…she and the rest of our team are so talented and I feel blessed to be able to work with them.
- I messed up the child dedication although you wouldn’t have known it if I weren’t telling you it right now. I should have asked the commitment questions then prayed, but did it the opposite way. In the grand scheme of things it’s not a big deal, but I was definitely rusty in my public speaking after 2 weeks of R&R.
- Afterwards many of you stopped me to tell me how much you liked the One Prayer message and also to offer support after my blog confession last week. Thanks to all!
- I especially was grateful for the gift certificate that I was given to Red Robin, by one of the couples from the church…thanks…I will definitely put it to good use…and more than likely this week since hardly a week goes by that I don’t eat at least one meal there.
- All in all a great day…and since I didn’t have to preach, I don’t even feel like I need a nap! So I’ll watch Tiger try to win the Open this afternoon and then we’ll head down to WV to visit with some friends this evening before I get back into the swing of things tomorrow.
- Happy Father’s Day to all you dad’s out there…enjoy your day!
I found out yesterday that the vote for the Creative Arts Pastor has been postponed until June 22nd at 9:30am. Again it is important for all members to be there to cast your vote. Below is a copy of the e-mail Earl sent out last night in case you didn’t receive it.
Church of God
Pastor of Creative Arts
- We’re in Williamsburg, Va for the week with a 1 day stop down in Virginia Beach to go to a church I’ve been wanting to visit.
- The weather has been phenomenal…although it’s supposed to hit 100 for 2 of the days we’re here.
- We’ve played some tennis, gone swimming, ate out a lot, played in the arcade, shopped, watched some movies and yesterday…
- …we went to Busch Gardens. I wasn’t feeling 100% but that didn’t stop us from riding everyone of the rides. The lines were really small…most of the time we were able to walk right up and get on…the longest line was for a new ride but that was only about 1/2 hour. It was hot and so I was looking forward to the water rides…but I hardly got wet at all…Lisa however…
- Best ride of the day was the Griffon. The first drop is 205 feet at a 90 degree angle…in other words…straight down…the best part is they actually stop you at the top while you’re facing straight down before they release you…sweet!
- Ok, for those of you who passed out just at the thought…welcome back.
- The most ironic thing of the day was when we went to get on the Escape from Pompeii water ride, they shut it down right as we got to the front of the line. 13 years ago Lisa and I visited Busch Gardens as a part of our honeymoon when this ride was in it’s first year. We never did get on it that year because twice we were in line and it got shut down…so here we were 13 years later and the same thing happens. We decided to stick it out in line and finally after about 15 minutes they got it repaired and we we’re on our way…uhhh, I waited 13 years for that?
- Speaking of years flying by…the Loch Ness Monster is celebrating it’s 30th year in existence. I remember as a kid when it opened and everyone was so excited about it…boy do I feel old.
- Speaking of old…or maybe it’s just that I’m short…in the quest to do riskier things with roller-coasters, most of them now have the pull down over your shoulders restraints…which means when you quickly go around a corner your head smacks up-side the restraint. By the time we were done yesterday I felt like I had been repeatedly punched by Mike Tyson when he was in his hey-day.
- Have I mentioned that we pay a lot of money for the privilege of doing this, that we call it entertainment and that if I could I’d be back there doing it again today?
- Today we’re just hanging out and doing some more shopping.
- Other than Sunday visiting ForeFront Churchand having lunch with Vince Antonucci and his wife, we’re just taking things one day at a time at this point and will do things as we feel like it.