One month from today we will elect a new President. Here is the one and only election post I will have.
- Because of tax laws I as a pastor nor the church can endorse a candidate without losing the tax breaks we enjoy as a church so don’t even ask me who to vote for…you’ve got to pray and research that on your own.
- If you don’t vote I don’t ever want to hear you complain.
- Your vote is a gift that as a Christian you need to be a good steward of. In other words, like your time and money, you don’t get to selfishly spend it in the way that best benefits you. Rather you need to spend it in the way that best glorifies God and helps His Kingdom the most.
- So with that said, don’t vote Democrat or Republican just because that’s the way your momma always voted or just because that how you’ve always voted…vote on the candidates and/or issues based on what God’s Word says and who you think will best represent Him and His values.
- This means research…this means bible study…this means prayer.
- No matter who gets elected 4 Tuesday’s from now, we must remember that God is in control and none of it will catch Him by surprise. Romans 13:1.
- Also remember that no matter who gets elected or what we think of them, they are still OUR President and are worthy of our respect and prayers. Hebrews 13:17
- Most of all remember that neither McCain nor Obama…Democrats nor Republicans can save our country…only Jesus can.
- The church…you and I…we are the hope of the world!
So don’t forget to take this next month to study up and pray about how to wisely spend your one and only vote…and remember to also give your time, talents and money to the only organization in the world that Jesus said can truly make a difference…the Church!