I once saw a survey where people were polled on their greatest fears. The funny thing was public spekaing was higher on the list than death. I’ve often said that what this means is that more people would rather be the guest of honor at the funeral than give the eulogy at the funeral.
Yesterday I saw this principle play out in another unique way. About 20 minutes before the funeral I was speaking at, I went up to one of the deceased persons grandson’s and asked him if he’d like to say a few words. He looked at me like, no way…there’s no possible way I’m doing that.
Now for the ironic part…he’s a heart surgeon! So operating on hearts doesn’t faze him in the least, but speaking in front of people does. Isn’t it funny how God wired us all up in different ways to do many different things? I thank God for men like him that can physically restore a human heart and I thank God that He has given me the gift to speak of an even greater heart surgery…the one Jesus can do spiriutally in each and everyone of our lives.
I have a funeral to prep for tomorrow and of all the GodPod messages, this was the last song we had chosen, so I’m behind in my prep time…plus I have a little bit of a chest cold that makes me sound like Barry White. All that to say, I’m applying the Bad Day message to my own life…how about you?
- Galen did a great job creating the huge IPOD for our GodPOD series. 18 feet by 6 feet and fully functioning with video created quite a first impression.
- We had a lot of minor tech problems today…they drive me crazy!!!
- The band did a great job covering the “Bad Day” song. Andrea stepped in at the last minute to lead it and did awesome.
- Had some good friends there today, including a couple from Seattle.
- The opener video with me dancing in the iPOD got some big laughs….ahh the things you’ll do for Jesus! Click here if you dare.
- Had a young woman tell me before the Experience that 3 different people she knows died this past week…wow…that’s not just a bad day, that’s a bad week. If for no one else, at least I know that God wanted her to hear today’s message and that makes it well worth it.
- It’s kind of neat to know that millions of Christians around the world today celebrated communion together, during world wide communion Sunday.