- Wow can’t believe that I just preached my final messages for United.
- I’m sitting in a hotel room up in Harrisburg typing this…I’m drained and could use a nap but we’ve got meetings tonight and tomorrow so I’m pushing on.
- What a hectic day.
- It started out earlier than normal because we wanted to practice the magic trick a few times.
- YES…after 3 1/2 years I finally did a magic trick on stage.
- Keeping with the theme of the day being Iron Man, we made him magically appear.
- In case you missed it, I could see a couple of people were using their phones to record, so hopefully they’ll post it on Facebook or Youtube and then I’ll link to it.
- Thanks for Thom and Brian for their hard work in helping me make this a reality.
- Essentially I took an idea that is usually done for making small things like rabbit’s appear and made it human size.
- Was lots of fun to perform and while I’ve heard some crazy theories on how it worked, no one has come even close.
- Of course the band did awesome as usual covering the Iron Man theme song.
- Also, this morning, our children’s check-in system went haywire and so I was running around checking on things and trying to get hold of our reps down in TX.
- Turns out it was a nation-wide glitch so I wasn’t the only one feeling the pressure.
- Of course when it came time to preach, I was emotional but felt really pleased with my final message.
- I’ve had quite a few people say how much they needed to hear what I shared and would keep me posted in the future as they do whatever God asks them to do.
- I’m always amazed in the differences between the early and late Experience crowds. The early one loved my LOST finale joke. The 2nd Experience just sat there.
- Can’t believe how many parallels there are to Paul’s story as he left the church of Ephesus and my story leaving Chambersburg.
- I’m praying that some of the things like never seeing each other again, my having to undergo persecution and you guys facing spiritual attack do not come true.
- All in all it was a really good day, but I’m glad it’s behind me now.
- Looking forward to celebrating with you next week what each of our collective futures look like and looking back at the past 3 1/2 years. Don’t forget there is a meal immediately afterwards and there will be an opportunity to help support our new church financially.
- Have a great week…still got a couple of minutes that I can catch a quick nap before heading off to my meeting.
On this St. Patrick’s Day I thought I’d throw out something perhaps you didn’t know. Patrick who was born in Ireland eventually found himself living in England. However, he felt a burden to return back to his native land and preach the good news of Christ. What he found though when he returned was shocking. The country was about as pagan as it could be.
Patrick decided that he was going to become a missionary his own country. Slowly but surely he made a difference. In fact, he founded more than 300 churches and baptized more than 120,000 people. His ministry made such an impact that he came to be known as the one who “found Ireland all heathen and left it all Christian.”
So what about you? What will you be known for when you die? Will you leave an eternal legacy like St. Patrick, or are you consumed with getting stuff in this world that will eventually, rust, rot or fade away?
People of United…there are still 70,000 people in Franklin County that don’t know Jesus. People of Exponential…there are over 425,000 people that don’t yet know Christ in Harrisburg. I’m sure when St. Patrick arrived in Ireland, the task at hand seemed large and overwhelming, but he started with one and grew from there. So who’s your one. Easter is only a few weeks away…who is the one person that you’re investing in to make an eternal difference?