- Another great day!
- Lots of new faces and 6 more people came into a relationship with Jesus today!
- That’s now 23 in 3 weeks…I love that and made sure the crowd knew how to properly respond when lives get eternally changed at the end of the message.
- If you want to listen to what I said you can listen to both the message and words afterward here.
- I didn’t have a great night sleep last night so 6am came around waaayyyyy to soon.
- Frost on the windshield was not a welcome sight either.
- Mike Sellers and I drove around putting out the directional signs and my shoes got soaked. Also the ground was hard enough that pounding the signs into the ground was not easy.
- Can’t wait until we have some guys that attend the church that own trucks so Mike and I can pass off this early morning ritual.
- Oh well we get a work-out in before everyone else arrives at the theater.
- Not a bad day with set-up…everyone’s starting to get into a rhythm and each week we keep discovering new ways to make things faster and easier.
- We had 8-10 of our normal crew who were missing today for various reasons so it feels good that we pulled everything off as smoothly as we did.
- In fact we’re getting set-up so quickly that I’ll be giving everyone extra time next week to come in. I’m sure that’s music to their ears!
- So proud of our entire First Impressions Team…they’re doing an incredible job making everyone feel great about coming out. This is especially impressive considering all the new people that are coming through each week that aren’t quite sure what to expect coming to a movie theater for church.
- I met a guy who came today as a result of the special stuff we did the other night for trick-or-treaters. Amazing how just doing a little bit extra means so much to people and in this case convinced him to come check out the church. Really proud of everyone from Exponential who did the same type of things at their house…a true party with a purpose!
- The band rocked it today and it was fun having them do “The Monster Mash” as people filled out their Connection Cards.
- I guess because I was tired I didn’t feel I gave my best during the message time but obviously it connected enough that 6 more people are forever changed!
- I absolutely can’t wait for next week when we begin the “Mind Your Own Business” series. I’ve preached this one before and it was amazing to see and hear stories of people having their financial lives changed.
- I heard a few audible gasps from people during the commercial for the series as some of the financial statistics came on the screen. It’s true that America is hurting bad so I can’t wait to teach God’s plan for handling money.
- I again want to encourage everyone to invite as many people as possible for this series…it will be one of the most practical series you will ever hear.
- All in all another great day and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us as the weeks and months progress!
In case you missed my post yesterday, please click the link to my survey and take the 1-3 minutes to think through how you’d respond. When you click the link it will give you the motivation behind and instructions for how to participate. Thanks in advance for as many of you as possible participating.
Hey thanks for RSVP’ing for the Experience this Sunday. We had our run through last night and it is going to be incredible! I have a few favors to ask of you…
- Please continue inviting like never before…even that person that’s turned you down a million times.
- Please pray for the team, myself and all those who will be attending.
- Please BE IN YOUR SEATS at least 5 minutes before the Experience starts. The beginning is going to be incredible…you won’t want to miss it and quite frankly it will be hard to find a seat during it and would be distracting to others.
- Once you find your seat if you can sit in the middle of a row that would be great. I expect it’s going to be a madhouse and the easier it is for our ushers to find aisle seats for our guests, the better and smoother things will be on Sunday.
- Did I mention yet to invite someone? I’ve been hearing of people using Facebook to invite, text messaging, e-mail and yes even the good old fashioned face-to-face. I will be giving a clear message on the whether the resurrection was an Urban Legend or a true historical event. If it was a true historical event then the implications are huge. Do your part this week to make sure that by Sunday afternoon hell will be a little less crowded in the future!
Thanks…love you all and hope you have a great week…I’ll see you and your guests on Sunday!