One of the pastors that most influences me is Craig Groeschel from Lifechurch out in Oklahoma. In fact, many of our best series have been based on or in some cases, down right copied from some of Craig and his teams ideas. Craig has just released his 3rd book called Going All the Way and I’d strongly recommend it to all of you who are single and trying to figure out the whole dating and relationship thing. To watch a brief promo video, click here.
Archives for October 2007
- Great Experience today with a lively crowd.
- People can’t seem to get enough of my dancing…come on people, really get a life…haha.
- Brian DJ’ing for and Hannah singing “Crazy” was sweeeetttt!!!!
- Our music team is awesome…they put in a ton of hours behind the scenes each week to make our Experience’s, uh well…an Experience.
- After a rough Friday night and then Saturday, I wasn’t sure how the message would come across, but I felt good about it.
- I’m continually amazed each week that God uses me to further his Kingdom. Today we saw 2 people respond to receive Christ and dozens more admit that there was an area of life they were holding back from God and ask for prayer. Yeah God!
- Today and this evening was the dedication service for the new building. For the first time the building got a workout and it held up well and the various teams did an awesome job coming together to make the service memorable. A highlight for me was seeing Earl speaking to our crowd for the first time. I’ve seen him do 2 weddings in there so far, but he didn’t seem comfortable…tonight though he really seemed to be in his element and that room is perfect for him.
- I was about 10 minutes from being home, when I realized I had forgetten something back at the old building, so I had turn around to get it…this getting old stuff sucks.
- Tonight I’m chillin’ with my sweetie…much needed time together considering how much I’ve been gone recently getting the new building ready. I love her so much and I pray for all you guys out there that your wife, or future wife is as awesome (and hot) as Lisa.
I talked with one of the guys that’s installing the flooring in the Multi-Purpose Room yesterday and he said that it will be 2 weeks from yesterday until the floor can be walked on. That means that we will not be able to have our first Experience in the new building on October 28th like we originally thought. 🙁
However, we are going to have the Experience on Saturday night the 27th instead. It will begin at 7PM and childcare and nursery will be offered as normal. What an awesome opportunity to invite people who can’t normally come on a Sunday! I can’t wait to deliever the last message in the GodPod series…and if you thought the video’s so far have been wild, wait until you see the one we have planned for Saturday night.
We’ve been doing alot of work at the new church building the last few months, which has required some really late hours. Last night at a little after 2am, Andy sent me to Wal-Mart to buy a handsaw. In this whole process, I’ve ruined 4 pairs of jeans, so there I was in Wal-Mart, with ripped up jeans, covered in dust, with various little nicks and cuts all over my hands and buying a saw.
Guess what types of looks people give you when you buy a saw and only a saw at 2am and you look the way I did? Yep, looked like I was getting rid of the body. OK, everything seems funnier at 2am, but I got a huge laugh out of some of the stares I received and I hope you do as well!
Last night I was helping with our College & Young Adults and in the small group I was a part of, another one of the older adults shared something awesome with me and the group that has been quite the motivator today. She said that for years she used to take young people (teens) out to Findlay, OH to our denominational headquarters for a 4 day conference designed specifically for them. She said that they always got pumped up, but that it was hard to sustain once they got back.
She said what she likes about United is that we are actually doing better music and have better creative technology pieces than what they did at the conference each year. What she said next really was the biggie…she said, what’s amazing is you guys pull it off every single week, not just once a year. Wow, what a compliment…obviously I don’t do that on my own, so a big thank you to the entire team that works behind the scenes each week to make every Sunday an Experience with God, not just a service we offer!