Our contract was accepted! Now we have 60 days to get our house sold…please pray.
Archives for December 2007
Gifts for 11 people…total time…1 hour and 20 minutes!
- Just got done putting the final touches on the message for this weekend.
- Now comes the fun part of memorizing! Actually I enjoy it.
- Hope all the work isn’t in vain…calling for bad weather Sunday.
- Not like we can bump the series back a week either…last I checked Christmas will still roll around regardless of the weather.
- I’m thinking I’ll record the message anyway so that way people can listen to it on-line if they are interested.
- The opening song this weekend is going to rock…literally!
- Lisa and I are getting ready to go out on our 1 day per year pre-Christmas shopping trip this afternoon…neither of us are feeling too motivated.
- Yesterday we wrote up a contract for a house in C’Burg. Please pray that it gets accepted and that our house sells quickly.
- “We’re buying it because we like to entertain…” haha…for those of you who didn’t get it, listen here… Living a Renovated Life
- We’ve been packing up and purging stuff from the house for the last week or 2…not fun. Actually I’ve done very little…Lisa is doing an awesome job.
- The Christmas Eve Experience should be interesting…we had to make some changes because some of our team can’t be there, but it should be good none the less. For those of you who can’t make it at 7PM, there will be 2 other more traditional style services over in the main sanctuary at 5PM and 11PM.
- The last 2 weeks have been full of meetings with people who are new to United and CFCOG. I love to see the diversity that God is bringing our way and get to hear first hand the incredible stories of how God is working in and through us.
- New Year’s Eve is shaping up to be a lot of fun. If you haven’t yet signed up, you can do so here. New Year’s Eve.
- Earl yesterday told me that a group of about 80 senior citizens are coming to the church on Monday morning for a tour and a luncheon. He wanted me to show him how to operate all the moving lights in the multi-purpose room. He thinks they will really enjoy them…not sure why I think that’s so funny, but I do.
Sometimes during the stress of the holidays, you just need a good laugh. In fact the Bible says that a laughing can make it easier to get through a bad day. I’ve made many a mistake while speaking, but thankfully very few of them have been video recorded for the whole world to see.
I had forgotten about the following video until it resurfaced a few days ago. The guy in it has recovered from this embarrasing moment and is now on staff at one of the nation’s largest churches. Hope you enjoy… Youth Pastor Blake, Pitching Tents.
We have been without Internet service all day at the church. I laughed recently at someone who said their day was a complete waste when their Internet access at work went down…now I’m not laughing. Thankfully it’s not on our end…it’s Comcasts fault, but they can’t fix it until tomorrow. Comcast…”It’s Comcastic!” So you might ask, how are you posting this blog? Simple, Earl invited me over to his house to access his wireless and while I’m here, Kim is making chicken fettucini alfredo, green beans and apple cake for dessert…sure beats Sheetz.