- I’ve been dreading this day for about a month now, but looking back, it turned out great.
- The biggest reason it was great was that 2 people came into a relationship with Jesus at the 2nd Experience!
- All in all from the Experience standpoint it was a great day.
- Had some minor technical issues in the first Experience, but overall things went well in both.
- I really enjoyed this series on relationships.
- Glad I bought the props, I think they added a very visual and helpful component.
- I think my nerves for making the announcement, helped me have bigger than normal energy at the first Experience.
- The relief of having got the announcement done made the 2nd Experience not quite as lively….sorry guys.
- As for the announcement itself, a couple of thoughts:
- First for those that weren’t there, I announced that I will be leaving United in a few months to start a brand new church in Harrisburg, PA.
- You can listen to it here.
- I was nervous but things came out in much the way I had hoped.
- I was a blubbery mess on Thursday night when I told the worship team so I was concerned about holding it together today and for the most part I did…thank you Jesus for the strength.
- It was so cool to look out and not only see every chair full but also 4-5 rows deep of people standing all around.
- My prayer is that one day each Experience would look like that.
- Your words and support afterwards was greatly appreciated.
- I’ll be posting more thoughts about United’s future and my future in the coming days and weeks…please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Our prayer is that the transition from me to the next guy will be smooth and if I can do anything to help you in that please let me know.
- Again my love to you all…thanks for being so awesome!
Archives for February 2010
A few years back I got to know a pastor down in Virginia Beach by the name of Vince Antonucci who is not only a really fun guy to hang with but as passionate if not more passionate for evangelism as I am. Vince has a really funny testimony that he shares of his journey from atheist to follower of Jesus. More recently Vince moved from Virginia Beach to Las Vegas where he is getting ready to start Verve a church right on the Strip for the people of Vegas. Lisa and I are going to be out there in a few weeks and we’re excited to get to see him again and experience all that God is doing in and through him.
I shared all that because today is another exciting day in Vince’s life. His second book, Guerrilla Lovers is being released. If you want to not just say you love Jesus but also show the love of Jesus to others, this is the book for you! If you’re still struggling with the whole what’s it mean to become and then be a follower of Christ then check out his first book, “I Became a Christian and All I Got Was this Lousy T-Shirt.
For pastors and church leaders, Vince is also providing all kinds of cool guerrilla loving resources for individuals and churches at www.guerrillalovers.com