- Hit a major milestone today…100 first time professions of faith in Christ!
- Considering the average church in North America sees 1 profession every 2 years, I think we’re off to a good start! 🙂
- Each person is important…each person is a story.
- 100 down, 424,900 more to go!
- Yep that’s approximately how many people in the Harrisburg metro don’t yet have a relationship with Jesus.
- That makes me sad, but I’m thankful that ExponentialChurch.tv and other great churches in this area are all doing our part to make hell a little less crowded.
- Other than that it was a fairly typical day with 2 exceptions.
- First being the last week before school, attendance was slightly down, but I think morale even more so…just no energy today from the crowd at all…here I always thought parents were happy when their kids went back to school.
- Or at least mine were…not because of me mind you…it was my sister. 🙂
- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1….ring, ring…yep that’s how long it took my sister to call after reading this.
- Haha…love you T.
- The other difference today was that I did magic in the lobby before the Experience and then again as an illustration during my message.
- Thus the picture in this post of me with Harry Blackstone Jr (forgot to have some take a pic today).
- I did this because today was week 3 of our “God at the Box Office” series and today we looked at the spiritual lessons that can be learned from the last of the Harry Potter films.
- After having performed professionally for 11 years of my life, it was almost like riding a bike when I did about 15 minutes of stuff in the lobby, despite the fact I haven’t done that long in a long, long, time.
- While it was fun to do it, I’m so thankful that God spoke to me many years ago to not just make a temporary difference with my life but to do something that will last for all of eternity.
- Literally I’ve entertained 10’s of thousands of people through the years but the man today and the 99 before him and the 300+ in Chambersburg and the 100’s before that in other churches and ministries that I’ve had the privilege to lead across the line of faith, is so much better than simply entertaining people.
- The band did a new song today that is growing on me called, “Beautiful Exchange”.
- I always walk up to the front during the last song of the set and it’s cool watching Bill lead from up close.
- Appreciate his passion and authenticity even when the crowd is dead.
- As for today’s message…I talked about spiritual warfare and the unseen battle that is constantly going on between good and evil.
- Not a topic I hit a lot but one that watching the Harry Potter movie was so obvious that I couldn’t ignore it.
- The tricky part as I said at the beginning is finding the balance between people who “see” demons everywhere and then people who don’t believe in anything supernatural.
- Chad afterward said he thought it was balanced so hopefully he was right and not just looking for a raise. 🙂
- Even though the crowd was not energetic today, there were two moments that I heard gasps.
- The first was when I said that Satan wants to R.A.P.E you. Ahh got your attention didn’t I…you’ll have to listen to find out what I mean.
- The second was when I said that the dead don’t come back to haunt us nor become our guardian angel.
- It’s amazing how many people think that grandma is watching over them or in general that people become angels.
- Ummm sorry, but as I said, “Don’t be sad, because angels are real and they’re way more powerful than what grandma ever was”.
- Next week we’ll wrap-up the series with the lessons from “Final Destination 5”.
- Can’t wait to share with you why focusing on eternal things is way more important than just merely the 50-100 years you have here on the earth.
- Thanks to all who brought in backpacks and for the money contributions that came in today as well to buy more.
- As I shared, Office Max is matching us dollar for dollar so it’s not too late to help the still 500+ kids that don’t have the needed supplies that live in Harrisburg.
- Ok, time to go…2 friends are coming in tonight from out of town for dinner and to hang out…have a great week everyone!
Just a few more days until Easter. To be honest I’m an emotional mess for a number of reasons. I think the primary reason is I realize this is my last big event for United. For 3+ years we have worked together as a team to reach as many people for Jesus as possible. Over 300 people have made 1st time professions, which is awesome but the work is far from done and I realize my influence on this community is quickly coming to a conclusion. I want so bad for us to have one last big-time push to bring people to Jesus.
I’m also emotional because the team has been working nearly around the clock all this week to make sure the Easter Experiences this year are something memorable, impacting and life-changing. When I think about what could be this Sunday I well up with emotion realizing that we’re doing all we can and just praying that you’re doing your part inviting as many people as possible to hear the Good News of Jesus victory over death and sin.
Finally I’m emotional because the devil isn’t happy about this and all week long as been doing all kinds of things in my life to try to stop this Sunday from being all that it can be. Honestly constant spiritual warfare is draining, tiring and sometimes deflating. I’m talking so bad that this week he’s been constantly whispering to me how bad I am, how my life isn’t making a difference and how I should just quit and do something else with my life. Reading God’s word though reminds me that I am forgiven, more than a conqueror and a vital piece of the puzzle in seeing God’s kingdom come here in Chambersburg and beyond.
So with all that being said. If you are a part of the United Worship Experience and really want to do something to make a difference in people’s lives and want to do something nice for me as a kind of going away present, then do whatever it takes this week to make sure you have at least 1 guest with you. People’s eternal lives really do depend on what we together as a church accomplish. Don’t let this just be another week or weekend that goes by without inviting those you know and love to come check out what it is that we do and more importantly who it is that we worship. Jesus hanging on a cross was not comfortable, yet he did it anyway because He loves you. Won’t you show your love in return by getting out of your comfort zone and inviting multiple people to come with you this week?
I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is God’s powerful method of bringing all who believe it to heaven. –Romans 1:16
For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? -Romans 10:13-14
The saying “New Levels = New Devils” was a popular phrase that my first pastor used to say a lot and it is so very true. Satan doesn’t attack as hard those who are not doing anything for God because why would he want to arouse them from their ineffectiveness.
However, when you are making a difference for God, Satan will attack like crazy because he wants to discourage you and get you to quit. Honestly that’s where we are at right now. We just completed our highest attended month and quarter ever…people are having their lives changed by the power of God and people are continuing to come into a relationship with Jesus!
The good news/bad news is Satan is on the prowl. You wouldn’t believe some of the crap he is throwing at us. Just this week alone has been attack after attack like you could never possibly imagine…I’m talking 3 instances where we are literally talking about matters of life and death and then a barrage of other things as well.
So on the one hand I’m emotionally exhausted and would love your prayers. On the other hand, I’m jumping up and down on the inside for joy because I know Satan wouldn’t be working this hard if he weren’t really scared about what we’ve already done and what we can and will do in the future.
United and CFCOG…this is the adventure of a lifetime we are getting to participate in. Stop right now and thank God for the privilege of being able to participate in something so much bigger than ourselves. Then ask Him to draw you closer to Him because, “New Levels=New Devils”.